I’m here, kicking and breathing.
… I didn’t kick! I barely breathed…
I wish to cry success. But I hardly ever start anything.
And those that I do? I either find them sad goals, never finish them, or both.
Having learned something today, I’m going to act.
First: I have (most of) a list made by “a man”; what he learned about/by running and training for, a 100 mile ultramarathon.
Second: I need to make my own rules, applicable to whatever I’m seeking to do, preferably a standard that I can mold to specific tasks.
My goal is to implement that strategy, this plan of attack, into anything that I feel to be worth achieving.
-Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize?
So run that you may obtain it. (1 Cor 9:24)-
* Have a friend along. –The Holy Spirit.- If you want to be fast, travel alone. If you want to go far, Travel together.
* Occasionally there is room for another/[other] friend/s. Evaluate, consider how you can work alongside others for His Glory.
* He will support me, I must rely on, and trust in, Him, for all of my strength. Have faith. and remember that Faith is an Action, it is to take hold of.
* –Never think- about why you can’t do something, instead think about why you can, Why you should.
* It will be Hard.
* Things happen tomorrow when we get ready for them today,
Preparation is everything.
* Building up strength is a necessity, its a tool that we have, our most sure way of accomplishing goals. Train.
* To succeed at hard things, you must know the motions. Practice.
* Effort = Result.
* If you never start, it will never happen. “Tomorrow never comes.”
You must start now.
* You have to keep moving, if you stop you drop. Never Stop.
“100 miles is a long way to go!
Yeah, I had to run 1200 miles before I could start the 100.”
* What hurdles are on the course ? What Achievements Accomplish that Goal?
* Where did you Run 1200 miles?!? How will you Prepare?
* How far did you run to get here? What preparation is Required?
* What is your 100 miles? Set a Goal.
Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,
Wednesday, February 21, 2018 02:59:07 PM Journal Entry. (edited)
Ps. Apparently I wrote this while listening to RIVVRS’ RUN, to God be the glory!